Terms & Conditions
Use of the Site
You may only use this site to browse the content, make legitimate purchases and shall not use this site for any other purposes, including without limitation, to make any speculative, false or fraudulent purchases. This site and the content provided in this site may not be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted or distributed. ‘Deep-linking’, ‘embedding’ or using analogous technology is strictly prohibited. Unauthorized use of this site and/or the materials contained on this site may violate applicable copyright, trademark or other intellectual property laws or other laws.
Detailed description of goods and/or services
Elephant Lake Hotel, Elephant Lake INN and Elephant Lake Safaris, collectively known as Elephant Lake Group is a business in the Tourism and Hospitality industry that provide accommodation, restaurant, conference and eco activities.
Subject to availability and receipt of payment, requests will be processed within 7 days and delivery confirmed by way Reservation number .
(for e.g. booking number / booking voucher etc. and must mention the use of courier and/or postal services and associated costs, if applicable.)
Return and Refunds policy
The provision of goods and services by Elephant Lake Hotel, Elephant Lake INN and Elephant Lake Safaris is subject to availability. In cases of unavailability, Elephant Lake Hotel, Elephant Lake INN and Elephant Lake Safaris will refund the client in full within 30 days. Cancellation of orders by the client will attract a 5 % administration fee.
- Up to 30 Days prior to travel date: No Cancellation fee
- 29 – 22 Days prior travel date: 25% Cancellation fee
- 21 – 15 Days prior travel date: 35% Cancellation fee
- 14 – 08 Days prior travel date: 50% Cancellation fee
- 07 – 01 Days prior travel date: 65% Cancellation fee
- Arrival day and no show: 100% Cancellation fee
(If appropriate – provide details of your policy regarding damaged goods. Also mention guarantees, warranties, etc.)
Elephant Lake Hotel, Elephant Lake INN and Elephant Lake Safaris shall take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information of users. For the purpose of this clause, “personal information” shall be defined as detailed in the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 (PAIA). The PAIA may be downloaded from: http://www.polity.org.za/attachment.php?aa_id=3569.
Payment options accepted
Payment may be made via Visa, MasterCard, Diners or American Express Cards or by bank transfer into the Elephant Lake Hotel, Elephant Lake INN and Elephant Lake Safaris bank account, the details of which will be provided on request.
Card acquiring and security
Card transactions will be acquired for Elephant Lake Hotel, Elephant Lake INN and Elephant Lake Safaris via PayGate (Pty) Ltd who are the approved payment gateway for all South African Acquiring Banks. DPO PayGate uses the strictest form of encryption, namely Secure Socket Layer 3 (SSL3) and no Card details are stored on the website. Users may go to www.paygate.co.za to view their security certificate and security policy.
Customer details separate from card details
Customer details will be stored by Elephant Lake Hotel, Elephant Lake INN and Elephant Lake Safaris separately from card details which are entered by the client on DPO PayGate’s secure site.
For more detail on DPO PayGate refer to www.paygate.co.za.
Merchant Outlet country and transaction currency
The merchant outlet country at the time of presenting payment options to the cardholder is South Africa. Transaction currency is
South African Rand (ZAR).
Elephant Lake Hotel, Elephant Lake INN and Elephant Lake Safaris takes responsibility for all aspects relating to the transaction including sale of goods and services sold on this website, customer service and support, dispute resolution and delivery of goods.
Country of domicile
Elephant Lake Hotel, Elephant Lake INN and Elephant Lake Safaris
This website is governed by the laws of South Africa and Elephant Lake Hotel, Elephant Lake INN and Elephant Lake Safaris chooses as its domicilium citandi et executandi for all purposes under this agreement, whether in respect of court process, notice, or other documents or communication of whatsoever nature, 3 Mullet Street St Lucia Kwazulu Natal South Africa 3936.
Elephant Lake Hotel, Elephant Lake INN and Elephant Lake Safaris may, in its sole discretion, change this agreement or any part thereof at any time without notice.
Disclaimer of Warranty
The contents of this site are provided ‘’as is’’ without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to warranties of merchantability, fitness for a purpose and non-infringement.
The owner of this site, the authors of these contents and in general anybody connected to this site in any way, from now on collectively called ‘Providers’, assume no responsibility for errors or omissions in the content hereof.
The Providers further do not warrant, guarantee or make any representation regarding the safety, reliability, accuracy, correctness or completeness of these contents. The Providers shall not be held reliable for any direct, indirect, general, incidental or consequential damages (including – without limitation – data loss, loss revenues and loss profit) which may result from the liability to use the correct or incorrect use, abuse, or misuse of these contents, even if the Providers have been informed of the possibilities of such damages. The Providers cannot assume any obligation or responsibility.
The use of these contents is forbidden in those places where the law does not allow this disclaimer to take full effect.
- We may modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, the Website(or any part of)with or without notice to you and you confirm that we shall not be liable to you or any party for any modification to or withdrawal of the Website; and/or
- We may change these Conditions from time to time, and your continued use of the Website (or any part of) following such change shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change. It is your responsibility to check regularly to determine whether the Conditions have been changed. If you do not agree to any change to the Conditions then you must immediately stop using the Website.
- We will use our reasonable endeavors to maintain the Website, The Website is subject to change from time to time. You will not be eligible for any compensation because you cannot use any part of the Website or because of failure, suspension or withdrawal of all or part of the Website due to circumstances beyond our control.
- Virtual Card Services (VCS) process all credit card transactions. All credit card transactions are 128 bit Secure Socket Layers (SSL) encrypted. The company registration documents and the site’s registered domain name are checked and verified by Thawte, ensuring the cardholder and merchant that nobody can impersonate VCS to obtain confidential information.
- Virtual Card Services is committed to providing online services. All encryption complies with international standards. Encryption is used to protect the transmission of personal information when completing online transactions. Virtual Card Services Internet servers are protected by firewalls and intrusion detection systems.
- The Merchant does not have access to credit card details
- Virtual Card Services continually reviews and enhances its security in line with technological changes.
We have the right but not the obligation, to monitor any activity and content associated with the Website. We may investigate any reported violation of these Conditions or complaints and take any action that we deem appropriate (which may include, but is not limited to, issuing warnings, suspending, terminating or attaching conditions to your access and/or removing any materials from the Website
The conditions will be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of South Africa whose Courts will have exclusive jurisdiction in any dispute, save that we have the right, at our discretion, to commence and pursue proceedings in alternative jurisdictions.
Updating the Terms and Conditions
We reserve the right to change, modify, add to or remove from portions or the whole of these Terms and Conditions from time to time. Changes to these Terms and Conditions will become effective upon such changes being posted to this Website. It is the User’s obligation to periodically check these Terms and Conditions at the Website for changes or updates. The User’s continued use of this Website following the posting of changes or updates will be considered notice of the User’s acceptance to abide by and be bound by these Terms and Conditions, including such changes or updates
I understand that all the designs and trademarks are registered to Elephant Lake Hotel, INN and Safaris and hereby accept the terms and conditions. I undertake not to copy/duplicate the trademarks and designs directly or indirectly in anyway and understand the legal implications thereof. Should I be found to be in violation of this agreement I understand that I will be held liable for all legal costs incurred by Elephant Lake Hotel, INN and Safaris for any civil action or any legal action deemed necessary against me.
Elephant Lake Hotel, Elephant Lake INN and Elephant Lake Safaris
Company Physical Address: 3 Mullet Street ST Lucia, Kwazulu Natal, South Africa 3936
Telephone: +27 (0) 35 590 1001