CULTURAL VILLAGE TOUR
With Elephant Lake Safaris
Located within the Khula Village is the Veyane Cultural Village, a community-based Zulu village situated on the southern periphery of the iSimangaliso Wetland Park, just five kilometres outside of St Lucia.
Rife in history, Khula Village is a developing peri-urban community made up of families who arrived from the south side of the Dukuduku Forest in the 1980s. The community’s social structure remains traditionalist while most residents are subsistence farmers.
The Veyane Cultural Village aims to offer tourists an authentic and interactive Zulu Cultural experience while giving members of the community an opportunity to benefit from tourism.
- Experience contemporary Zulu village life
- Learn about the indigenous trees of the forest
- Learn about the natural history of the wetlands
- Learn about the remedies of traditional healers
- Try your hand at Zulu bead-work and weaving
- Visit a traditional Zulu kraal
- Experience Zulu storytelling, music and dancing
Duration: 2 hours
Available by prior-arrangement only.
*ALL ACTIVITIES ARE SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY